2105 Umstead Drive
Raleigh, NC 27603
On July 24th, 2015, the City of Raleigh and the State of North Carolina completed the closing process for the City’s acquisition of 308 acres of the Dorothea Dix Campus. The purpose of the City’s acquisition of the property is to eventually plan and develop a new destination park.
The City of Raleigh will initiate a master planning process for Dorothea Dix Park in 2017.
Things to remember at Dorothea Dix Park:
- Dorothea Dix Park is open to the public daily from dawn to dusk.
- However, since the Department of Health and Human Services headquarters is also there, we ask that visitors be respectful of employees and avoid all buildings and parking lots during business hours.
- There are no public restrooms or concessions at Dorothea Dix Park. Please be prepared!
- All City of Raleigh ordinances and City park rules apply.
- The site is patrolled by both the Raleigh Police Department and State Capitol Police.